Pottery with clay

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hi , new to bladder cancer and start chemotherapy.

does anyone know can I still do pottery with clay while on chemotherapy? 

• Hi  and welcome to the group. When I was going through chemo, I was referred to a local cancer care charity to do a pottery course. I didn't do it and something I now regret. Always best though to run it by the medics for there opinion. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• I have only rediscovered pottery from my school days ….. it has been 2 hours of a “ cancer free space “ for me . 

• As rily says, always check with someone who knows what they're talking about. Which might be a good pharmacist. I did pottery for 25 years, there is no de-stress like it. Would love to get back to it, rily. find a course you can do now!

• Hi Denby. When I was diagnosed with muscle invasive bladder cancer the local cancer care offered me a course of pottery or silversmithing to keep me occupied during treatment. At the time I though "what's the point", no future. Now retired and ten years down the line, it is one of my biggest regrets I didn't follow it up. By now I could have been a proficient potter or silversmith and maybe making some money out of a craft. Bit late now. I  would urge anyone who gets similar opportunity to go with it. There is a future after BC. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi  rily, It's never too late, take care.

Eddie