Hi! 29 year old diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 73 subscribers
  • Hii! I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in December just before Christmas and since then so much has happened Rofl the plan was to remove my bladder so I traveled to guys hospital in London and had scans and unfortunately they found it had spread to my lymph nodes. Then had to have nephrostomy bags put into my kidneys both side and their a bloody pain! So I had to start chemo straight away. Then they thought I might of been pregnant so had more scans and delaying chemo, they found nothing and I was able to start chemo. I've been wearing the cold cap has anyone else had this? I hate it!! But if it saves my hair then its worth it. But I also don't mind if my hair falls out I can get a funky purple wig! 
  • I've had blood transfusions, platelets put in, stayed in hospital with a high pulse rate. But throughout I've remained positive I think you have to! Also to add to all of this my fertility is probably going to be affected being a young women in a long term relationship this had been hard but again there's so many options nowadays.
  • My family and friends have been amazing and my boyfriend!! Oh gosh he has been incredible i don't know how I would of coped without him. Im currently on my 3rd cycle of chemo and having a scan soon to see if the cancer is behaving!  Anyway thats my story! Sorry I know you didn't ask for my life story but once I started I couldn't stop typing haha. Another young people out there been diagnosed? 
  • Welcome to the group xx I hope there will be someone on here who has advice for you as every bit helps xx you are very positive and that can only be a bonus when we find ourselves in a situation we never ever expected xx I am 65 and found out I had bladder cancer Dec 14th I really didn't expect to be told that but as time goes on you gradually accept it and change your mindset Blush I find the waiting for results and treatments the most difficult times but like lots on here you learn to live with the waiting and take one day at at a time .. good luck for the future and keep your positive attitude take care xx

• Hi Elle23 and welcome to the group.

Although bladder cancer does seem to affect more older people we do see younger people in this group. You’ve been through a lot since you were diagnosed but it’s good that the treatment is progressing quickly.  The support of family and friends is vital and you will find everyone here on this group very supportive.  Feel free to post anytime, even if you just want to let off steam.
    Wishing you all the best with your treatment.

Luce x

PS love the idea of a funky purple wig!

• Hi Elle123

You are amazing and I love your attitude. I can see why you are loved.

I wish you well, please keep in touch

Inanna x

I know that I don't know
  • You are an inspiration, Ellie X

• Just wanted to send love and hugs and prayers that your treatments work well You are a very brave lady

lots of love 

Wilbert xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Hou

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry to hear your diagnoses. Yes I agree the waiting around is the worse part. I think taking it day by day is definitely the best way I suffer from anxiety and I know if rgubk to far into the future it will send me mad. Thank you and good luck with your treatment x

• What a terrific attitude you have. We're mostly somewhat older here, but there are other support groups eg fightbladdercancer.co.uk facebook page where there are other young people. Best wishes with your treatment.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for all the lovely kind words. So nice talking to people who know what I'm going through Grin

• Hi Elle welcome tp the group you sound amazing you have a brilliant attitude xxx

chrissy

• I'm 25 year old male from india..diagonsed bladder cancer in August 2019 Ta low grade.

1st Recurrence March 2020 two small growth ta low grade.

Bcg treatment start  according to treatment program.

2nd recurrence Feburary 2021 some small growth but this time it is polyploid cystitis not cancerous..

Now BCG continue...