Weeing frequently

• 4 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed September 2019 and operated on shortly after...very painful and not straightforward as dvt got involved, so blood thinners etc...grrr!! The 24th September was my last nights sleep of more than 4 hours!!!!) Anyway, had several painful BCG sessions and cystoscopes. All seems to be going ok!?

My issue, is my constantly wanting to pee? Probably between 20-30 times a day.Nighttime is the worst even though I stop drinking fluids at 6pm I still get up hourly.

Is this common? Will it get better?

Interested in your views please

Thanks

Jim

• . Hi Jim and welcome to the group. Sorry to hear of your problems. I did not have BCG so not best placed to answer your concerns. We do know that BCG can cause this type of cystitis. Someone with experience of this should be along to help. Have you seen your GP or Pharmacist about this as there are medications that can help. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi rily 

Thank you for your response. Yes I have seen my gp he scanned for infection which was negative. He just told me to drink more water!!!....this of course is a catch 22 scenario as the more I drink the more I pee!!

I look forward to further responses.

take care stay safe

jim

• Hi Jim. Drinking more water does sound like a contradiction, but the way it was explained to me is not drinking enough makes the urine concentrated and acidic. This then irritates an already inflamed bladder causing the feeling of needing to go all the time. In the short term is does not cut down on visits, but does make for a longer more satisfying pee than the irritating little dribbles. Best wishes. 

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Very well explained and of course accepted and appreciated....I will persist!!

Thank you