Bleach, lemon barley water, washing stuff..

• 11 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Good evening all, apart from the above, do I need to bring anything for my first BCG

love to all Nigel

• Hi Nigel, 

Hope you're doing well.

If you're staying in the hospital for the two hours after instillation then you won't really need to take anything. Maybe a book to keep you occupied.

They recommend you don't drink anything whilst the BCG is in the bladder, I was advised to not drink anything a few hour's beforehand.

When you void the BCG you will be allowed to go home and then you will need the items listed.

They could insert the BCG and let you go home straight away, and then you do the two hours at home. I think this depends on the hospital, but I also think as this is your 1st one they will keep you in the hospital for the two hours.

I don't take anything to the hospital, just my mobile to listen to Planet Rock.

The urgency to wee is very strong so I wait until I get home before drinking. Those 6 hour's washing bleaching etc seem to take an age, but will soon pass.

Wishing you all the best and keep us posted how you get on.

Take care 

Trevor 

• Try not to drink for a few hours before, it makes keeping it in the bladder much more difficult. You can go hog wild with fluid one you have emptied your bladder. Good luck !

• Good luck Nigel,I hope it all goes smoothly.Love Jane x

• Thank you Trevor, Leo and Jane. I suppose I will just have to play it by ear. I think they will keep me in for the two hours..which I don’t mind. I’m convinced I will be ok to drive a couple of days later. But again I will just have to see.

love to all

Nigel

• Trevor I have always driven to / from my BCG installation sessions, this coming week it’s number 9. Some days following installation day  I can’t drive - too many visits to the loo. But everyone reacts differently. Leo

• I'm sure you'll be back to work again soon after.

I drive to and from my appointments, but I don't go out again until after two days.

I mean I had my 13th instillation last Wednesday, but didn't go out until Friday.I was very tired the day after due to all the wee trips during the night and even during Thursday I had urgency still.

Hope it all goes well.

• Cheers Leo amd Trevor. There’s no rush… good luck with number 9 Leo and number 14 for you Trevor…

Nigel

• Hi Nigel, I hope all is going well with BCG today.  Its a bit of a palaver with the bleaching for 6 hours , but something you will get used to over time. I kept a diary of mine and also put my reactions in my profile if you want to read. It helped me monitor everything because its easy to forget when the weeks go by. We are all here if you have any questions. Good luck friend

Much love Angela x

• Thank you Angela, it’s tomorrow (Tuesday) I’m sure I will be fine..

love to all Nigel

• Best of luck to you Nigel 

Ste