Bladder cancer

• 10 replies
  • 48 subscribers

I finished my 6 weeks of mitomycin treatment and now having to wait 8 to 10 weeks seems for ever , what if it has come back will I need the same procedure as the first time round or just more mitomycin?

• Hi  . We know how stressful the waiting always is and it never gets any easier. They need to give the time for the bladder to heal and any inflammation to clear before they take a look. In the case of any recurrence, then it is usually back to square one with another TURBT. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Good morning Forestranger. I finished a second six week mitomycin in May 2024. A cystoscopy last week showed red patches. I will start a third mitomycin series next week with a further cystoscopy in 6 months and biopsy. It’s rather like snakes and ladders, best wishes , John.

• Thankyou for taking the time to answer my question at the moment I have a lot going on in my life apart from waiting game all very stressful

• Hi hope all goes well. . I had turbt in may I've had 4 of 6 mitomycin infusions. The unknown is a real head scrambler. Been told conflicting times of next check ! How long has everyone else had between finishing treatment and having cystoscopy? Cheers Chris 

• Hi Forestranger

I finished my 6 weeks of Mitomycin yesterday (08/07/24)

I thought I would have a Flexible Cystoscopy next and a discussion with the Doctor

But I was told that I have to bring in a urine sample in 4 weeks to check for cancer cells and then I will have a rigid Cystoscopy under GA 2-4 weeks later

So I wont know any results for months Worried

It is very frustrating

Much Love Tina x

• I have been for my follow up today and my cancer has come back so now have to wait 4-6 weeks to go back for another op

• Hello Forestranger, I know these reoccurrence are so demoralising, My cancer came back 4 times during my BCG treatment. For the first 4 years I had an annual TURBT. Each time after discussion with the Multi Disciplinary Team I kept returning for the next series of BCG doses. I had what was called the Lamm Protocol which was 27 doses. I don't think the medics are keen on so many doses these days because it does cause bladder inflammation. Anyway so far so good. After my treatment was completed 3 years ago I haven't so far had another reoccurrence. Try to take things one day at a time has become my mantra. We never know if the cancer will return but every year more wonderful treatments are discovered. Hope you can find some peace and relaxation when things are so worrying. Love Hx

• Thanks for your information I will mention it when I see them 

• Oh that is annoying Tina, drags it out for so long. Sorry to hear this. Xxx

• I am sorry to hear your negative news. However, I totally concur with Herothedog. I have had BC for five years now and have had two superficial recurrences. Here’s hoping some BCG can do the trick. Garviv