Progression of secondary cancer from primary bladder cancer

• 13 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I was diagnosed with bladder in 2017 and had bladder, full hysterectomy & top of my cervix removed at age 33. Then in 2022 I was told nodules in my lungs that my oncologist had been keeping an eye on were in fact cancerous. I received one round of radiotherapy and then had to stop as there was a few more nodules growing in both lungs. I’m almost a year and a half into immunotherapy and was doing well until about 6 months ago when they noticed 2 nodules were beginning to grow again after pausing for so long, so radiotherapy was mentioned as an extra treatment to add on top again. Then last weekend I had a seizure which resulted in a head scan which has shown the cancer has spread and I know have a small tumour at the side of my brain, I’m still waiting to see my oncologist to find out what the treatment plan will be moving forward but I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced these same changes/secondary cancers? I’m not really sure how to feel, I’m an upbeat person and need to be able to be me and do my daily things in life and I know that shouldn’t change, but I guess I’m just looking to see if anyone can share any similar experiences with me. 
Thanks in advance, I hope this makes sense too. 

• Hi, the plan is to start an intense course of radiotherapy within the next 2/3wks for the brain tumour and then once that’s done I’ll be back to decide on another plan for my lungs to try stabilise those nodules. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to check in, it really does mean so much! X

• Best wishes for your radiotherapy.Love Jane xx

• Hi Flamingo37, when I was having my BCG treatment which went on for three and a half years and felt endless, I realised the benefit of taking everything one day at a time. Somehow it was less overwhelming. Also on BCG dose days when I got back from hospital, once the two hours hold time was over, I allowed myself to flop on the sofa and watch rubbish tv, with a big slice of cake. Neither thing is my normal habit so I almost started to look forward to them! Hope you can find ways to treat yourself, as a reward for being so  strong and brave, you deserve it. Love Hx