Fatigue

• 9 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Did anyone have fatigue along with the odd episode of blood visible in urine and a small brown batch on bladder and ended up with a diagnosis of bladder cancer. 

I'm stating to get nervous but feel I can't show it in front of my family incase I get them worried over nothing, I feel guilty. 

Thanks 

• Hi Rachel. These can be symptoms of bladder cancer, but can be caused by other things. Fatigue can also be brought on by stress. Have you tried talking to your family about this? You may find them understanding. I understand how you are feeling. It is the uncertainty and not knowing. Once you get your biopsy results through, things will become a lot clearer, and if it does turn out to be BC, then you will have treatment. Many of us have been through this. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi. Yea iv spoken to my family and they are freaking out a bit so I'm acting like it's not bothering me to put their minds at rest. 

I suffer with anxiety at the best of times and it does make me tired but over last few months iv been falling asleep at work and on a weekend all I can think about is sleeping on the sofa for 3 hours in the day, I have 2 young kids and is very frustrating for my soon to be husband, he doesnt get how exhausted I am. 

• Hi Rachel. Before I was diagnosed, my job involved a lot of driving. I found myself getting very tired and had to pull in lay byes to have an afternoon nap. When I was eventually diagnosed, I tried to put on a brave face and keep my feelings to myself. One day I caught my wife crying and realised this was about more than just me. I then became open and honest with everyone and kept people in the loop all the way. This took a great deal of pressure off me and family and friends knew they didn't have to walk on eggshells around me. Family and the good folks here helped me get through it all. Don't keep things to yourself, you may be surprised. Best wishes.

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Rily. That is true, im not sure why I feel so guilty about making others upset, it's a strange feeling. Do you mind me asking how far along your cancer was when you was diagnosed? I'm just asking because my good old friend Google says fatigue normally only happens at the later stages but it was only a small brown mark they found x 

• Good Morning Rachel. Hope you are feeling well. I was very advanced when first diagnosed. I had no obvious symptoms in the early stages. A burning sensation when peeing sent me to the doctors. My good doctor sent me immediately for tests. Turned out my tumour was through the muscle and in to the fatty outer tissue. I'm still here coming up to ten years later. Hope for everyone. Best wishes.

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Rachel1987, we have learnt to be wary of Googling our symptoms since the information offered is often not relevant to every individual and scares the pants off unnecessarily! I had my cancer for over  3 years before diagnosis (I had reported blood in my urine to my GP 3 times before eventually haemorrhaging. Bladder cancer is frequently  missed in women because medics think the causes of bleeding are likely to be gynae) Totally understand how anxious you are feeling but be reassured that bladder cancer is very treatable and there are many different strategies which can be used. My diagnosis was in 2017 and 5 years later here I am bouncing about feeling full of health and enjoying my life despite being 75 years old. Sending you love H x

• Thanks. Just trying not to panic. The doctors keep saying I'm too young to be here for a TURBT, feel like they think I'm making it up or something, must be something they don't see often in 35 year olds.

They have put that I'm having a TURBT plus IMMC. Does anyone know what IMMC stands for? Cannot find it on the internet x 

• Hi Rachel. I think you may mean MMC which is a chemo drug called Mitomycin. Following the TURBT, the bladder is washed out with this to clear up any rogue cells. It is also used as a follow up once a week treatment to help prevent any recurrences. Best wishes.

Community Champion Badge

• I believe it stands for Immediate mitomycin C. This is an immunotherapy treatment done after a TURBT. Here is a link to the Pubmed article. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../