Anyone experienced a similar cystoscopy result

• 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar cystoscopy image. After blood in my urine multiple times and irregular pee colour I had a cystoscopy and am now waiting for a TURBT. However, the image of my bladder seems different to anything on the internet. Nearly all of my bladder was a consistent red in colour, but no tumours. I do have an enlarged prostrate but the worst area is at the top of the bladder so not affected by the prostrate.  Obviously the consultant thinks it could be cancer, hence the TURBT, but it just doesn't seem to be the same as 'normal' images.  

• Hi and welcome to the group. Bladder cancer comes in all different forms. Sometimes it looks like an obvious growth. Other times it appears like a red rash across the surface. They will remove what they can at the TURBT and send off samples for biopsy. The results then determine the next step. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi. Thanks rily for the reply, much appreciated. I was hoping you would say NO, it's definitely not cancer Slight smile. As many have said on this forum (only found it by accident, very useful to here other people's experiences), it's the waiting that makes it worse and I have only been waiting a few days so far. It must have been hell during Covid as at least they have said I will get an appointment in 2 to 3 weeks Worried

• Hi JimG,  totally understand the anxiety you are feeling, it's so hard waiting for an appointment particularly at the start. Then once you've had your TURBT I'm afraid there will be another wait for your biopsy results (usually at least two weeks). Fingers crossed you will get an all clear but if not at least bladder cancer is very treatable. There are lots of different possible strategies available and many of us have lived many healthy years after our first diagnosis. Sending best wishes H.