GP Phone Call

• 8 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hello All 

Just a Quick one this had a call from GP yesterday to book me in for a phone Call Review next week anyone had the pleasure of one of these and know what they are for 

Ste 

• Hi Ste,

Can't say I have. Hope it goes well though.

Trevor 

• Cheers Trevor I’ve got a feeling they want to touch base with me not spoke them for 9 months 

• Nice to hear they're keeping in touch with you.

• Can’t be anything anyway just been in for flexi 4 week ago and don’t want to see me till next March at the hospital they said it’s about the letter we have received from urology Stephen ok you mean the one I’ve had for 2 weeks and you should have several not just one ha ha 

• My GP has phoned me twice so far this year to see how I am

She said if there was anything I wanted or needed to talk about I should come and see her

I thought that was so lovely

I said I am fine after the first call but she phoned me again after I finished chemo to see how I was

I didn't go and see her but it was lovely of her to check up on me

Much love Tina x

• That’s good Tina that you have a caring GP it helps but me and my practice aren’t on the best of terms to be honest as it took me three attempts to to get a referral as I was always fobbed off with the nurse practitioner until the third time when I met with a female locum Doctor  and thank you Erica Lovely lady who didn’t mess about at all and the rest is history.

But my phone call is with the most respected Doctor at the practice this time who I have never had any dealings with ever so should be interesting to see where the conversation goes as my practice unfortunately has been told by governing bodies to improve a lot of poor and mis  informed medical staff there I’m sure they are just checking in which is fine of course hope your keeping well 

Ste 

• I get what you're saying about GP phone calls. They can be pretty hit or miss. Sometimes, you're waiting forever to get a callback. It can be frustrating when trying to get an appointment or even just a bit of advice. I’ve had times where I missed the call because I wasn’t near my phone, and it’s a nightmare to try and get them to ring back! If you’re unsure who called you, there’s a site called who called me where you can check out numbers. It’s convenient if you’re getting a lot of unknown calls. Anyway, hopefully, your GP calls improve soon!

• Hi Ste, sounds like you have a good GP that wants to have a catch up with you to see how you are doing. 
    I get a good service from my GP surgery but they would never be pro active and contact me for a review. 

Frank