Advice please x

• 4 replies
  • 59 subscribers

I had my TURBT on 19th September and have been ok since but a couple of days ago I developed a slight itch/discomfort down below.   (I have taken thrush medication just incase).  However yesterday was the 1st day I took mum out and about shopping and last night my urine was dark amber in colour.   I haven't noticed the loss of anything since the TURBT as I've seen you guys mention. I was wondering maybe cystitis (never suffered before) or maybe just my bodies was of discarding the remnants following the op.   Appreciate your thoughts x

• Hi  . At about the 2 week mark following a TURBT, the scab starts breaking away from the wound as part of the healing process. It is common to see signs of blood and small clots. It is important to drink plenty of water to flush things out. Any heavy lifting or strenuous activity could also aggravate things. If it continues or gets worse, then seek medical advice. There is also the possibility of infection which can happen after a TURBT, so it may be an idea to drop a sample at your GPs to check. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you for replying,  I'm going to see how it goes over the weekend and if necessary ring my CNS on Monday.  All good at the moment x 

• Hi TizzyP, after my first TURBT, I was told that 8 could pass blood on and off for up to month, 

As Rily has said, fluid intake is so lmportant, plenty of water, I have the odd red bush tea with Lemon… just for a change…

positive thoughts to you.

Nigel x

• If you think about it. They have practically scraped your bladder, unfortunately because you feel OK. You then Try to live life in full capacity.  Be kind to your body, give it time. I'm so proud of you going onwards & upwards but think instinctively.  Your body has gone through something that, should not happen. So, be especially kind to yourself.  

Bravo my love Heartbeat 

Kimdav