Large tumor after 4 months

• 3 replies
  • 52 subscribers

My first TURBT was 4 months ago and it was single Papillary Urothelial, 1.5cm low grade, non-invasive, which was removed.

I got my second TURBT this week and they found mulitiple tumors and the biggest one was 10cm (same type). I'm waiting for biospy now, it will take 2-3 weeks to get results.

Does anyone have similar experience with such big tumor in shot perod? My doctor just said it's unusual and we have to wait for biopsy results.

I'm really scared.

• Hi  and welcome to the group although sorry to hear of your concerns. The early days of uncertainty can be worrying. We have seen it before where people have had recurrences on their follow up TURBTs, that's why they double check. The size of a tumour is not as important as to how it has developed. When you get your results they will have a plan for you and it makes things a bit easier when you know exactly what you are dealing with and you will have a plan to focus on. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• I don't know about size, but my brother had multiple occurrences at each of his follow ups after initial low grade diagnosis. After a few years they did stop & he had sufficient all clears to be discharged. Understandable that you're worried, but try not to read too much into the doctor's comment. Even if the grade has changed, there are plenty of treatment options, they will advise what is most appropriate. Best wishes.

• Hi Mala,Welcome to the group.There is support and advice here so I hope you find it helpful.Best wishes Jane x