G3T2N0

• 30 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi everyone.

We have the stage and grading now so posting here.  

I’m a bit unclear on exactly what it means as there seems to be some different letters being referred to on various sites.

G3 is Stage 3, is that right?  But what does T2 mean? I know that N0 means it hasn’t spread to the lymph nodes 

thank you x

• Hi . The burning sensation should settle down after a few days. Make sure he is drinking plenty of water. At least 8 glasses a day. It may also be an idea to drop a sample off at the GPs to test for any infection. Some pharmacies will also do this. I keep a supply of my own dipsticks and do regular checks. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you, Rily. It’s been 10 days since TURBT. He thinks it could be a urine infection.  We’ll see if the large Boots in our town will test it.  Thanks 

• I also buy dipsticks and test my water ..I buy them from amazon ..if I have a water infection I can't have bcg treatment so I asked the nurse what to look out for on dipstick for water infection she said nitrates so maybe this would help you ... I had blood in urine for few weeks after turbt  .. hope you are feeling OK.. thinking about you xx 

• Thanks Hou. Have just ordered some on Amazon too. They will come tomorrow. We are worried they won’t start the chemo if he has a UTI?

• I got some because I thought I had a UTI. What it showed was some blood in the urine, not visible to the naked eye. 

It turns out that caffeine was irritating the bladder and causing bleed. Switched to de-caff and everything clear since then with the pain gone as well.

They do show that my pH & SG are all over the shop though. 

Martyn. 
  • Hello again sunalwaysshine,
    Just having a catch-up on this forum so bit late in my reply.
    I think you already know but your husbands grade and stage are the same I had last year.

And you know my story via my blog, so just ask away about anything.

Be positive and take all the small victories along the way with much glee.

cheers
    Chasam

• Thanks Mugwump Martin. I’ll mention that to my husband. We’re just waiting for the chemist to open. 

Thanks, again. Chasm. As you know, my husband hasn’t got around to reading anything on this yet, but he knows I would like him to read your blog. We are making progress, however, as he is asking me to ask questions on here. He knows I’m finding this forum a great help. 

• Hi everyone.

Hope it’s sunny where you all are. My husband did have a UTI so is on anti biotics now (he is also avoiding caffeine)

Thankfully they are allowing his chemotherapy to start tomorrow. He has been given Gemcitabine and Cisplatin.  I assume they are standard?  The oncologist says the main side effects are tiredness, altered sense of taste and nausea / vomiting.

• Hi . Good to know treatment is on the horizon. I had Gem/Cis. I was fortunate not to have any nasty side effects, but most people do have some reactions. It is difficult to predict. Day 1 is usually a long day in the chair, so comfortable clothes, plenty of snacks and drinks, and something to keep him occupied. My oncologist recommended I use a good quality mouthwash regularly which helps prevent mouth sores. Take the anti sickness meds as prescribed as they are designed to help prevent nausea rather than stop it if it starts. Once he gets the first out of the way, he will be fine. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you, Rily. I’ll pass the info on. Much appreciated. X