Cancer of the Ampulla of Vater

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

My name is NogBad, I am 79 years of age and I am new to this forum.  I have just been diagnosed with the above cancer which is apparently very rare as it is only contracted by 1 man in every 200,000 within their lifetime. Because it is so rare I am trying to make contact with anyone who also has this type of cancer and to better understand my treatment options? At the time of writing I still have another CT scan and blood test ahead of me and I have already turned down the offer of Whipple surgery as I am not sure I am fit enough to undertake it. Any alternative treatment suggestions would be most welcome? I know a little about chemotherapy and radiotherapy but have also recently come across immunotherapy and wondered if anyone has experience of this (maybe in addition to chemotherapy) as a possible line of treatment? Regards, NogBad.  

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I've searched the forum for previous posts which mention Ampulla of Vater and, beside the one you've replied to, have found this one for you to have a look at.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and proposed treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"