Hi ,diagnosed recently

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I'd been having pain in peritoneal  for 12 weeks .

Had various scans ,biopsy etc . Iv been told stage four ,no cure .

I'm gutted,im seeing oncologist  in 3 weeks to discuss way forward. ???

Can anyone give me a clue ?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with bile duct cancer and I know what a worrying time it can be when you're waiting to see your oncologist.

I'm not a member of this group, so I don't know the likely "way forward", but by responding to you it will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen by the other group members.

If you haven't looked at it already, you might find this information from Macmillan on treatment for bile duct cancer useful. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and tests so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Do come back and let everyone know how it goes with the oncologist.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

I'm sorry to hear of your stage 4 diagnosis. I am stage 4 myself and understand that it's a shock. I would imagine your referral is to medical oncology to discuss any treatment they can offer (rather than a surgical approach). I had 2 major surgeries before being referred to oncology. If you would like to read my profile please click on my username. It is a good idea to write a profile yourself as it is a good way for others to get to know you and it saves you repeating yourself. Click on your own username then profile, don't forget to save.

It may be too soon to think about but there is a group for members with stage 4 cancer here on the community. This is the link if you would like to join  Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only 

The group members are very friendly and supportive. We know how you feel because we are all in the same position. I hope things become a bit clearer for you after your appointment and that you get a treatment plan so that you can see a way forward. If you need to speak to someone about your diagnosis the Macmillan phonelines are open and they provide excellent advice. This is the link to contact https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us

Keep in touch as there is lots of support and advice here.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• So sorry to hear that .I have just found out I have breast cancer stage 2 .feel bad texting you as you have stage 4  send my love to you xxx