Hello

• 2 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Don't normally talk about this, but need to clear my head.  Diagnosed 4/2/20.  Just been given 6 months all clear after surgery and chemo.  All happened so quickly didn't have time to wrap my head around it.  Really starting to feel the mental after effects now though.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

That's great news that you've just been given the all clear from bile duct cancer. However, as you've found out, that doesn't automatically mean that everything returns to 'normal'. I think most of us find a 'new normal' where we acknowledge that we had/have cancer and life does go on but differently to our pre-cancer days.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you might like to join the life after cancer group which is a place to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life. If this is something that you think might help, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey into your profile as it really helps others when looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, firstly let me congratulate you on being 6 months cancer free. How amazing!
    Although I have not been in your shoes I have experienced the journey of a loved one. Honestly I think that’s totally normal. You’ve just been through something so huge , you’ve had appointment after appointment , medications, treatment etc. Your sole goal was surviving. I don’t know if you ever fully go back to how you were before ? Have you tried any therapists specific to cancer survivors? Your mind is as important as your body so look after yourself. You’ve come this far so you’re pretty damn strong! Remember that x