Hi

• 6 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi my wife was diagnosed with terminal  bile duct cancer in November, she started chemotherapy just before Christmas, she is slowly started to slip away from me , physically it’s not a problem caring for her but mentally it’s getting harder. any advice would be grateful. On a brighter note we were blessed with a beautiful granddaughter and celebrate our Pearl anniversary a fortnight ago x

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your wife has recently been diagnosed with bile duct cancer and that you have been told it's terminal.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you think about joining the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is a safe and supportive place to share your emotions about the prospect of losing your wife, as well as talk about practical issues around palliative care and end of life. Everyone there will know what a difficult time this is for you and will be willing to share their experiences with how they cope mentally. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

When you feel up to it it would be really helpful if you could pop something in your profile about your wife's journey so far as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi There, so sorry no one replied sooner. My deepest sympathies for you and your wife having to go through this.

I just lost my Dad last month from bile duct cancer. my mother was with my father for 58 years and she’s quite lost at the moment .
    Honestly I don’t know if there really is any particular way of coping. I find personally only thinking from day to day helps rather than the future. 

My mantra at the moment is “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened “

I think it’s beautiful that you obviously care for her dearly and congratulations on your Pearl Anniversary and granddaughter!

my brother has a 1 year old and he really has helped the healing process. Children really can lighten a time like this when it’s so badly needed.

You’re not alone. 

im thinking of you all x 

• Hi Lils36

Many thanks for your kind words, deepest condolences to your mother and yourself and your family.We are just taking one day at a time and our grandchildren have been a great source of comfort for the both of us.

Best wishes and many thanks again for your comments x

• Just popping by to let you know you are all in my thoughts x hope you are taking care of each other x

• Hi Lils36 

Many thanks for thinking of us, we are doing our best my wife has two more chemotherapy treatments before she has to take a break and is due a scan so we will know where we are . I hope you and your family are coping . Best wishes x