Pain in right side rib cage area rotating towards back post whipple surgery

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi All,

My body was diagnosed with Cholangiocarcinoma in 2021 and I had a whipple surgery and underwent chemo for 6 months and immunotherapy for 2 years. 
I am currently in remission but have been feeling this strange pain (since surgery for almost 3 years now) around my right rib cage area rotating upto a point in the back (sharp and stabbing pain at times and then subtle pain in the background sometimes). This cannot be explained medically as nothing is indicated in the scans. Could be related to nerve damage/neuropathy, neurologia, digestive issues. Seems to be impacted by digestion, cold weather conditions and movement especially when I do yoga asanas. Other than that, I have digestive issues (constipation etc) and feeling weakness at times.
I am writing this email to know if patients with similar diagnosis have faced this situation after a whipple surgery and if something has helped them in that regard. 
Looking forward to hearing from the community. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read about the pain you're in since having your surgery.

Although I'm not a member of this forum I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"