First symptoms of bile duct cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hello all. My sister died 3 years ago from bile duct/liver cancer. She first started feeling 'off' at the age I am now. When we grew up and as adults I always followed the same health pattern as her and now I am feeling off too. However, I cannot remember exactly how she felt, I think I have blanked much of that awful time. So my question is how did it start with you? Were there any warning signs you only realised later? I'm probably just being neurotic but any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your sister died 3 years ago from bile duct cancer and it's natural that you should worry that you might follow in her footsteps.

I haven't had this cancer, but noticed that your post had gone unanswered, and I've found this information for you about the symptoms of bile duct cancer.

However, rather than worrying that because you're feeling unwell you have this cancer, why don't you make an appointment with your GP to get checked out. You could also explain how the death of your sister is making you worry that you might also have bile duct cancer.

Do come back and let us know how you get on when you see your GP.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for replying to me. It's good advice, I am just scared. 

• I can understand you feeling scared but you may have nothing to be scared about. Please have a chat with your GP.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband's symptoms started with having night sweats, a dull pain in his abdomen, feeling full after eating and going off beer.  I hope that helps.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband's symptoms started with having night sweats, a dull pain in his abdomen (no high temperature), feeling full after eating and going off beer.  He had also lost weight.  He did not have any of the other symptoms listed.  As he had dislocated his shoulder when he went to the GP for pain killers he mentioned these symptoms and they GP took some blood samples.  One thing led to another.

I hope that helps

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you. Yes it helps as I have some if these symptoms but as you say they are not listed. I hope your husband is doing well x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Have you gone and had your symptoms checked out?

My husband finally restarts chemotherapy next Tuesday after an enforced break due to a blood clot.  I told myself yesterday that I was not going to leave the oncologist's consulting room without a date.  I didn't need to stand my ground as I had already had a big moan to the oncology nurse last week - I had been rather upset to be told that a break in treatment should be thought of as a good thing!

Good luck with any tests you might have and I sincerely hope that your fears are unfounded.