Waiting

• 12 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi everyone.

I had my diagnosis on the 14th Sept this year. I've had lots of scans including the PET CT scan, and on the 24th Sept I have an appointment with the oncologist at St James. I believe this is where I'll find out if it's spread anywhere, what treatment I'll be having and how long it will last. I must admit to being glad I'll finally know but anxious about the coming weeks etc.

• Hi Carole I’m in same boat as you had PET just waiting for another camera up the bum and then MRI scan on novermber the 1st…eating all healthie drinking loads of water …if my lymph nodes inflammation as gone I’m ok but if not the op we talked about is stressful I hope you soon ere chin up x

• Hello Carole1960

I am thinking you mean your appointment with the oncologist is 24th October, which is this week?  The waiting around before is so worrying and all-consuming, I know, but you are all the nearer to treatment starting.

I will be thinking of you this week, please let us know how you get on.

Irene xx

• Thank you. I will of course let you know.

Carole xx

• Hi Carty

It's murder isn't it. I'll be thinking about you too,mtry and keep positive that's what I'm trying desperately to do

Carole xx 

• Hi, I was diagnosed on 20th September, I'm at my prep scan appointment tomorrow with a view to starting treatment on 18th November. I hope you get on ok at your oncology appointment. I'm not sure how I'd have got through the last month without this group and all the wonderful people in it. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes xxx

• Hi, I have also been diagnosed on the 16th October. I have at CAT and MRI scan booked for this week and then a consultant meeting next Tuesday to discuss the treatment plan. 

• Thank you. Good luck for the start of your treatment on the 18th November.

I'll be thinking of you.xx

• Hi, good luck to you too. If like me you'll find waiting the worst of all...

Sending positive vibes to you and everyone else in need, good luck with the consultant next Tuesday.xx

• Hello Bumpintheroad (love the name!)

Welcome to the forum although I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis - I will be thinking of you in the coming weeks, and please check in here when you know your treatment plan.  We have lots of tips and coping strategies we can share.  

The waiting around is the absolute worst, but once treatment starts things begin to look a lot more positive.  And you will get lots of support here on the forum too, should you need it.

Big hug

Irene xx

• Hi Carole thank you..!!!!you have to keep strong and bizzy they r long days you stay strong and positive let me know how you get on Thumbsup