Chemo Paclitaxel & Carboplatin

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hello everyone. Although my diagnosis of Anal Cancer (squamous cell carcinoma)was back in 2020 I have not posted before.

Briefly at diagnosis T4 N1 MO. Successful 28 sessions radiotherapy.

June 2021 mets to lung. (Assumed to be Mets it’s a squamous cell carcinoma)

Feb 2022 Wedge section surgery. Was delayed as I had heart attack, stent fitted, then contracted Covid and lost Husband to it.

May 2023 Lytic lesion to rib . Received radiotherapy 10 fractions. Scan in Oct 23 clear

Mar 24 . Further growth in rib area .

Now waiting to start Chemo Paclitaxel & Carboplatin.

Has anybody o here been treated with these chemo drugs ? If so I would welcome your experience as I have struggled in deciding to accept this treatment. 
Thank you for any replies ,   Sue

• Sue

I tried the cold cap and lasted all of two minutes - honestly!  The nurse said they all had to try it as part of their training and none of them lasted more than a few minutes.

It is always really sobering to talk to people on the forum who face treatment on their own and I am full of admiration for those that do and soldier on such as you without your partner by your side.  My husband (I have lived down south for many years) has explored more of Scotland on his motorbike than I have and, if I am honest looks more Scottish than me - well, he had wild red hair before he went grey!

Sue, the kindness goes in circles - I have had it shown to me so often I am humbled!

Irene xx

• Thank you Irene. I don’t think the cold cap will be for me. I don’t cope with cold ! 
    I’ll l update when I start Chemo. Your help and support is invaluable Bless you Irene xx