• 3 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi, just wanted to say hello to all. I'm new on here and about to start treatment.  I also wondered if people still come on here after they have finished their treatment?

• Hi Connie, welcome to the group. People come on this group before and after their treatment and some people join because they have loved ones or friends who are going through anal cancer. We are a friendly group where you can get support and learn how people manage the treatment side effects. I am seven months post treatment and still find this site a great asset. 

• Hi 

I’ve posted a welcome to the group message to you on another thread you’d posted on. There’s many of us here that are through the other side of our treatment, some stay around for ongoing support & some to support others. There are members at all different stages in their journey here & as  has mentioned family members & friends that are supporting a loved one with anal cancer. Personally I’m 3 years 7 months out of treatment with no evidence of disease (NED), if you click on my username you can read a little more about me there. I received so much support & great advice from this group when I was first diagnosed that when I was offered the position of Community Champion it was the ideal opportunity to give a little back to the fantastic service that gave me so much at a time when I felt so scared & lost. I hope you find the support & advice here as helpful  as I did. 

Nicola 

• Hi Cynnie,I’m new on here too! About to start my treatment on the 1st Feb. Hope all goes well for you and we can compare notes so to speak on here! Love Julie x