One week since my last treatment!

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Evening! I last commented on how sore my bits were - I’m so glad I don’t have to go to hospital every day and have them horrible chemo tablets!!! I’m really suprised and happy how my side effects are just one week after it’s finished and I feel like I’m getting somewhere! ! Going to the toilet is getting better, and going less frequently too! My bits still feel sore and I’m tired but I’m so grateful to be feeling how I am!! Next hurdle is trying my new plastic pink friend!!! Pray is it as bad as I think it’s going to be??? PrayPrayPray

• Hi  ,

It’s great to hear that you’re starting to feel some improvement already, I too found once I turned that corner that healing was pretty swift, I was still sore for a while after at some level when having bowel movements & I’d have the odd day where the fatigue would hit again & I’d have to take a day doing absolutely nothing but these day gradually got further & further apart. 

Regarding the dilators my advice would be go slowly, try & use a water based lubricant & obviously start with the smallest size if you’re using the ones supplied by the hospital, if it’s too sore leave it a little while then try again. My vulva area was affected by the radiotherapy as much as my bottom & I have to admit it was a few weeks before I even entertained the idea of the dilators! 

Hoping your recovery is a speedy one. 

Nicola