6 week check up

• 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hello everyone 

I do hope things are going okay for you tokay? 

I had my 6 week check up this week and thorough examination by oncologist. He said that my skin had healed beautifully and he couldn’t feel any lumps or bumps , phew that was good news. He also addressed the bowel issues causing me to be either lots of discomfort, broken glass pain or several very loose movements causing me soreness. Took me off the laxido as he thought I was over sensitive to it . Gave me a stool softener, senna if needed and suppositories if Stubborn constipation.

My my fatigue is still up and down but am getting out bit more and feel bit more comfortable down below. I will have the scans early September so about 6 weeks to find out if they have been successful at treating the cancer, he did say that the op,chemo and radiotherapy aim to get rid of it . So I have everything crossed and complete faith in the wonderful team that has been looking after me since February.

I am setting small goals to aim for each week and still marking the calendar off every day with number of days since last treatment , entitled recovering. I can’t wait to hopefully be saying recovered. I wish you all a relaxing weekend and hoping your journeys are going well and you are managing the effects of this treatment to get through each day too?

Also wanted to say thank you for all the information and support this group has given to me .

Big hugs 

M x

• Hi Minty,

Great news for you, a big step towards a full recovery! It sounds as though your oncologist is on it with your symptoms so keep in touch with him and your team until your poor bowels settle down. 

The fatigue is something we can all relate to, but it does get better. In the meantime, I found it easier just to give in to it when I could, and have a snooze or put my feet up, but I was fortunate that I could work around this.

I wish you all the best, your body sounds like it is healing really well, soon you will be back to your usual self.

x

• Wonderful news Minty … 

have a peaceful weekend 

Chrissie xx

• Hello Minty

It is lovely that your consultant is taking good care of you and I hope your recovery continues well.  And marking the days off since end of treatment is a really good idea.  It must show just how far you have come.

And I will be keeping everything crossed that your scans show that everything is clear.

Irene xx