Occupational therapy

• 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi all, hope everyone is as well as can be?

A quick question if i may please?

I have been referred to an occupational therapist who is going to come round to see if they can do anything to help me, im in a flat on the 1st floor with 2 sets of stairs so theres an obvious issue

Has anybody had any experience with seeing an OT? Any tips of things i would more than likely overlook? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance 

• Hi Happyforager all I know is the OT role is to do what they can to help you manage independently and anything you should need. I didn’t have problems with climbing stairs but only could manage very short walks due to toilet demands during treatment. As we are all different in recovery some need more support and help with shopping etc.

• Happyforager2

Sorry I can't help, I have no experience but I hope they can do something to help you - two flights of stairs might be a bit much at the end of treatment and for a little while afterwards.

Irene xx

• Hi  Some of the best, practical advice I've had has come from OT's, from how to more safely come down stairs in reverse, to appliances to help me take care of routine tasks, to what aids might best suit me in staying moblie.. They'll probably ask about your usual routines and what you might be struggling with at the moment.  If you're unsure what you might need, ask them for suggestions,  they've  tackled all sorts and I've found all those I've met so far, from different specialties, really down to earth and easy to talk to. x