Update on Results of mri post treatment

• 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi All 

I've posted previously with my story. 

Post treatment which was Dual therapy Radiotherapy with chemo tablets. Ended 27th Feb.

Check up with consultant April all looking good. Although lots side effects still with me. 

Since this appointment n April I've noticed a small lump on the opposite side of my canal which I though maybe prolapse part of bowel. 

Waiting the 4 months as plan for treatment to continue to work So June. 

MRI 15th June  results app was Wednesday this week. 

I had a phone call Tuesday from consultant he told me The treatment had worked BUT not 100% 

Did I know I had a growth on opposite side. To which I replied Yes and I've spoken to your secretary about it 4 weeks ago. This is Cancer and he wants me to meet the surgeon in 2 weeks time so they can jointly make decision on next step. 

Omg the treatment was brutal why didn't it kill these cells ???? 

Not sure what's ahead of me now! 

Jinnie 

• Oh   I’m so saddened to be reading this! Am I correct in thinking at your original diagnosis your staging was stage 1? If so this must have come as such a shock as with such an early diagnosis you would expect the combination of the chemo & radiotherapy would have offered you your cure.

You’re right the treatment is brutal & I would be wondering ‘why’ the same as you are.

The wait for this next appointment is going to be a long one for you I’m sure, it’s often the hardest part of this process, I know whatever is decided is going to be more than you want or should need to endure but once you’ve seen your surgeon & there’s a plan in place moving forward hopefully you may feel a little more in control again.

We’re here to support you however we can. If you feel up to it please keep us updated on how you are. 

Nicola 

• Jinnie

I am so so sorry to be reading this.  You must be reeling with this latest news, especially as it really isn't long since you finished treatment and it all being so fresh in your mind.  You really are one of the very unlucky few that had treatment but it didn't work completely.  And of course, at the moment all the future path is unknown.  I am really hoping that once you have a full meeting with the surgeon and you know what is going to happen that you you will be in a better place to come to terms with it all.  But it doesn't take away from the fact that this is horrible news you have been landed with and you now have to wait.

I am thinking about you and your next appointment, please come back and let us know how you are.

Irene xx

• Oh Jinnie,

Damn!!! What a blow! I"m SO dang sorry. The uncertainty must be crazy-making.

The odds are so good for the most part that we tend to forget that this means some don't get the good numbers.

Sending all the mojo that they discover that it's a negligible little bit that they can knock out super easily.

Keep us posted!!!!

Hugs

Suz