Leaking

• 4 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi guys. Well here we are 10 days left.  

What I want to know is...TMI maybe...I am leaking constantly from I assume my bottom.  I'm constantly wet. It's this a reaction to the treatment or is it overflow from my bowel. Sorry guys but gross I know xx

• Good morning Abigail, well ten days left so you are near the end presumably and I would think you may be pretty inflamed internally. Might be a good idea to mention it to your team. I would imagine if it is coming from your bowel your sphincter may be inflamed. Personally I didn’t get this all the time but I did get a few occasions when I thought I was passing wind, big mistake! If your bottom is constantly wet it may be wise to see if your team can suggest a barrier cream to protect it against soreness. You will soon be finished and able to not have to travel every day to the hospital and dedicate your time to healing. 

• Thank you. Yeah I mentioned it yesterday. They think it may be overflow. I use barrier  cream anyway. I was leaking before diagnosis..which is what took me to the Dr's and my muscles were involved then so I guess it's just healing time. Yeah almost done cant believe it xx

• Hello Abigail

Nothing is too much information on here so please don't worry.  Towards the end of my treatment I had chronic diarrhoea and I wore Tena pants to feel that bit safer and carried on for a few weeks afterwards until my bowels got back to normal.  You may well find that your leaking resolves itself after treatment ends.  I still wear a panty liner every day just in case as I get very slight leakage from the front.  I don't think it is urine and it comes and goes but I don't worry about it.

How are you doing?  Cross off those ten days, your are more than half way through!

Irene xx

• Ain't no TMI here, my friend. We all gave up our modesty a ways back.

By this point I was wearing Depends. I didn't have much in the way of actual incontinence, but between leakage and ointments, I didn't want to take any chances. Barrier creams, for sure. Our poor nether skin, under constant assault. 

I used one called Calmoseptine. Very thick and sticky, but effective.

But I think you guys have way better ones in the UK.

Hang in there, Abigail!

Hugs

Suz