Feeling so weak!

• 10 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi everyone after my good news recently I’ve been suffering with a chest infections just about to finish my third lot of antibiotics and steroids which really helped. But I can feel it coming back, my chest is more tight, funny taste in my mouth I’m so tired and weak, my chest feels heavy my legs feel weak and I ache I’m cold heatings up I can’t get warm then I’m too hot I’m so so tired got a headache. The go says if it doesn’t clear this time I’ll need a x ray. I’ve just had CT SCAN & MRI given the all clear with cancer then I get these chest infections is this normal? Thank you xx

• Oh GreenNanny, you really are going through it.  My husband (perfectly healthy normally) has recently had pneumonia that he just couldn't shake off, he also had three lots of antibiotics and two xrays to check his lungs.  It has taken him weeks to get back to normal.  It sounds as if there is definitely something going round.  Your immune system may not be back to normal yet and you are describing just how he felt.  You have my sympathy, hopefully it will clear up soon, are they trying different antibiotics?

Sending all my best wishes for a speedy recovery

Irene xx

• Hi  ,

These chest infections that have been doing the rounds since before Christmas seem to be a bit of a devil to shift once they take hold! I’ve had a couple of colleagues at work that have had time off with the same & my friends granddaughter, she’s 20 so an adult, has had it for around 3 weeks & was admitted to hospital last Friday with pneumonia.

As Irene has said your immune system may not be 100% yet either, the information out there says after chemotherapy your immune system recovers fairly quickly but I definitely don’t think this was the case with me!

I never have suffered with my chest but had a flu type virus over Christmas accompanied with an awful cough, it seemed to get better for a week then came back with a vengeance & absolutely floored me. I coughed for what felt like forever & when I eventually saw a Dr he said my chest was clear although I’m not convinced it was as I could feel the wheezing & rattling even when breathing normally right down my back! It did eventually go of its own accord but it wasn’t pleasant & it took around 4 weeks from start to finish.

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Nicola 

• I feel worse this morning drs appointment made for 12noon today think I may have oral thrush from all antibiotics think it’s gone on my chest that’s if oral thrush can do that xx 

• Hi again  , I know that oral thrush can spread to your throat but past that I’m not sure to be honest. It’s feasible that you have thrush with all of the antibiotics you’ve been on. I hope your Dr’s appointment goes well, hopefully they’ll order a chest X-ray that will give them a better idea on how to treat you & get you better. 

Nicola 

• Dr says I have got pleurisy got to go for x Ray. On thrush treatment because of all the antibiotics. Laugh a minute xx

• I know it’s not great but hopefully the thrush meds will make your mouth more comfortable & if it is pleurisy I think pain relief is the main treatment, antibiotics will only treat a bacterial infection if your chest issues are viral it’ll have to run its course which is awful when you’re feeling so unwell, hasn’t the Dr asked for a sample of anything you’re producing from your cough? 

Nicola 

• I’m She did a good check over, my blood pressure is low nothing new though. Urine clear. Only an x ray first availability is Tuesday 10am I’m already on oxycodone 5mg ( slowly reduce from 40mg) and paracetamol all for pain from radiotherapy/chemo. I can take oxycodone liquid if and when needed I did have one 10mg a few nights ago as in discomfort but I try very hard to not take it much now. I was also on 10mg liquid every hour until about three weeks xx 

• Hi GreenNanny, I had a few years of bad chest infections and then pleurisy - I ended up taking Organic Elecampane Tincture after it was recommended.  I can honestly say I've never had any chest issues since, it was quite remarkable!

I've also read lungwort is very effective for bad chests and coughs - name kind of says it all Slight smile I would search internet for 'clean lungwort' to find products if did want to try, then won't get any rubbish that uses fillers, caking agents etc.. and it'll just be the herbal powder in a capsule.  May be worth a try? If you go onto British Supplements page you can read all the reviews from others who say how good it's been when nothing else worked.  Hope you feel better soon X

• Thank you I’ll look in to it xx

• I am pleased you have been checked over but that doesn't help with how rotten you are feeling right now.  I am hoping that everything will die down (including the thrush) and you can get back to enjoying your all-clear.

Sending a big hug.

Irene xx