Good news from my Three month scan results!

• 7 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news!  Been to see my Oncologist for results of my MRI and CT Scans at 3 months and the tumour has completely gone and nothing showing on the scans!  Phew what a relief been a stressful couple of weeks waiting to hear.  I am now being referred back to my local hospital for MRI scans and check ups.Smiley

Can look forward to Christmas now and found out today my youngest daughter is pregnant so i have both my daughters having babies within three months of each other - March and June next year! First grandchildren yippee!

Thank you to you all for helping me throughout with all your reassuring words and advice you're the best.  I just love this forum Heart xxx

• Congratulations on brilliant results. You can now relax and enjoy Christmas! You are going to be busy next year with two grandchildren arriving!! So pleased for youSmile

• Hi ,

Thats fantastic news on your scan results, congratulations, the feeling of relief is immense isn’t it? That chink of light at the end of the dark tunnel you’ve been in is such a welcome sight! 

Also huge congratulations on the double whammy grandparent situation, there’ll be lots to keep you busy & occupied in preparation for two babies arriving in such quick succession. Lots to look forward to! I’m over the moon for you.  

Nicola 

• Wow, what a tsunami of terrific news! I'm just thrilled for all of you, Carole!

:) Suz

• Hi Carole21 we can all relate to the waiting for those all important results and the sense of relief. It makes it all worth while going through those weeks of travelling for treatment. Now you can get on with enjoying your family without that result hanging over you.

• Thank you all you lovely people means a lot.  I forgot to say I did ask what stage my cancer was this time I didnt want to know when first diagnosed it was enough to know I had cancer!

Seems I was Stage 2 N4 - N4 as the tumour was quite big and spreading towards the vagina - 6 cm.  So lucky it had not spread as I had it for quite a long time!  I asked if I had been checked for HPV and she said no she doesnt check this.  

I also asked why I had got the cancer and she said bad luck! But to make sure I have plenty of exercise keep fit and eat healthily.  I do keep fit and eat pretty healthy but will try harder in future! 

I asked if stress could cause it and in her opinion she does not think so yet out of everything I thought it could be stress with me as I am a worrier! 

So down to bad luck then!  Slight smile xxx

This is in reply to you all but didnt know how to do it hehe!

• Brilliant news Carole!

keep well and enjoy Christmas, two grandchildren on the way, wow!   Looks like exciting times ahead.

See you around Rotherham haha!

• Wonderful news on all counts; you got there!  Have a lovely lovely Christmas!

Irene xx