Biopsy anxiety

• 5 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

I haven’t posted on here for a while, I’ve been trying to get my life back together again. All has been going really well, I’ve just got a new dream job and I’ve been spending a lot of precious time With my little boy. I’ve had some scans following treatment early this year and all came back clear. I’ve now had a biopsy to make sure and the surgeon told me before I went under that he would have look and if there was anything suspicious he would take biopsies. Turns out he took quite a few! So now I’m back to panicking that everything has come back! Has anyone else had similar experiences? The anxiety is driving me mad! 

• Hi, It’s great to hear you have been getting on and enjoying life, that’s exactly as it should be. 
    it’s horrible when they make comments like that as it’s undoubtedly going to concern you. 
    Take comfort knowing your scans were clear and hopefully he is just be over precautious. 
    I’m assuming it’s the bowel the biopsies are taken from.? It could simply just be polyps or scar tissue. This is the benefit of having cameras and not just scans. If it is something, hopefully it’s early doors and they can treat quickly. 
    Best of luck and let us know how you get on xx

• Hi thank you for your reply. I spoke with the nurse this morning and she advised there was a polyp that they need to remove and they are meeting tomorrow to figure out how to do the following radiotherapy. Has anyone else has this? It’s likely to be another operation which is a bit scary. They think the rest is scar tissue but I won’t know until Friday. Arghh the waiting game is awful :( 

• Just to update, I have had the all clear from the biopsies!! Yay! Now I’ve been discharged from oncologist to surgeon. Thank you for all your support….. again! 

• Wonderful news!  Now celebrate! 

Irene xx

• That’s fantastic news , congratulations.

Nicola