Shoulder Pain

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi I'm Casey, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice please. I was diagnosed last September and am stage 4. I have been dealing with the treatment really well so far and have had only few side affects. I haven't had treatment now for awhile and I am starting new treatment next week, the things is tonight I have really bad pain in my right shoulder, like its really really painful, I have no pain anywhere else and was wondering if anyone else has had this? 

• Hi Casey (),

My advice would be to contact your treating team/hospital regarding this new pain, even though you’re due to start a new treatment plan next week personally I would want this looking at if only to put your mind at rest, the worry & stress a new ache or pain can cause is exhausting & wearing in itself. I hope it turns out to be nothing to be concerned about & your treatment next week goes well. If you feel up to it let us know how you get on. 

Nicola 

• Hi Nikki (Nikki65),

Thank you for responding. Yeah I'm going to phone the hospital in a bit, the pain is horrendous and its come out of nowhere. I will let you know how I get on later. I'm just hoping its nothing and its one of those silly things we get and no one knows why and then it just goes away again, so fingers crossed.

Casey

• Hi Nikki (Nikki65)

It was lucky I contacted the hospital, they did a couple of scans and on the CT one they did of my chest they found I have blood clots in my lungs, and they think I may have some in my shoulder as well. They have given me some blood thinners in injection form that I have to take once a day. Just hoping that I will feel a bit better in a few days. Thanks again Nikki for the advice.

Casey

• So happy to hear you have an answer (though not that you have these complications).  Thinking of you and hoping the rest of your treatment goes well.  Please come back and let us ll know how you are.

• Oh my goodness Casey (), I’m so pleased that you were seen so promptly & checked over! I’m hoping the blood thinners do the job for you & you’re feeling some relief really soon. If your shoulder doesn’t ease though don’t hesitate contacting them again. I hope this doesn’t affect your new treatment plan going ahead next week. If you’re feeling up to it please let us know how you’re getting on. 

Nicola