9 months post treatment

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I have had treatment for stage 1 anal cancer and finished successful treatment last July. I have recently started to have mucus discharge from my bottom..especially after passing wind!! I feel really embarrassed to ask if anyone else has suffered this. I’m seeing my consultant this week so will mention it then but am a bit worried by this. 
thank you for reading my post

take care everyone 

• Hi  it’s good to hear your treatment has been successful! Unfortunately, there can be side effects from the treatment. Mucous is one, it can be different colours, I’ve had quite a range, sometimes it can be blood streaked but it’s usually a rather an unpleasant yellow- brown colour. It’s best to wash or use a water wipe as soon as possible as it can cause soreness. Try not to worry it’s quite normal. I was told it’s nothing to be concerned about. You’re quite right to mention this to your consultant though as any changes should always be mentioned. Just keep an eye on what you’ve eaten when it happens to see if it’s possibly diet related. Bev. 

• Hi Lilypop, I am coming up to 11 months post treatment and occasionally get mucus and as Bev mentioned it could be diet related as I seem to get it after eating cheese. I’m not a big cheese eater but sometimes have a cheese toastie or on crackers and on these occasions I have had mucus.

• Hi

thank you for your reply. I think I will keep a note of what I’m eating to see if this helps highlight the cause. Take care