Big knickers

• 9 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Me again! I'm trying to prepare for when treatment starts, although I don't have a date yet. I have already bought a sitz bath. Someone on here mentioned 'boxer' knickers/pants. I've googled these but they all look quite tight, and I imagine something loose is needed? Thanks.

• Hi puddy you will likely get lots of advice on here about boxers. I bought some really soft cotton boxer style ladies knickers that were pure cotton from Amazon and they were true to size and comfortable from lily iris which I sized up one for looseness. I know some bought mens boxers which my husband wears but they are lose and baggy and if you needed to wear a liner for protection or anything then they would fall out. I think marks and Spencer’s ladies boxers have also been a favourite but I think whatever you choose try and get 100% cotton. I bought some harem trousers too and they were absolutely brilliant for comfort. Julie

• Hi Puddy, I am also recently diagnosed. I have just been giving my CT planning scan date for Thursday but am still waiting for my PET scan date. I have just ordered 3 pairs of boxer short style pants from Sock Shop that look good quality but are quite pricey so I think I will order some from M&S too. Can I please ask what the sitz bath is? we only have a shower so I am wondering what will be helpful for when treatment starts. Good luck on your journey. x

• Hi SunflowerSue welcome to McMillan. A sitz bath is like a bowl that sits on top of your toilet. I got mine from Amazon which collapses flat when not in use. They are a godsend for when you are going through treatment. Some people just fill with warm water and sit in it to help soothe the skin and some sit in it full of water whilst going to the toilet which can be quite painful for a while. Others on here will also tell you how useful they can be Julie

• Good luck on your journey too, SunflowerLou. I had my MRI on Saturday and have got my CT tomorrow evening. I've just ordered 10 pairs of boxer pants.xx

• Thank you Jaycee12 that sounds very helpful. I will look at ordering one. 

• I agree, they are great. I also bought a portable bidet called a HappyPo from Amazon, it is about the size of an electric toothbrush and you fill it with warm water and squeeze it over your bottom so it keeps you really clean without wiping - you can just dab yourself dry.

• Thank  you, I have just had a look and there are several, can I please ask which HappyPo you bought?

• It's described as

The Original HAPPYPO Portable Bidet (Color: Mint) with Cap and Travel Bag for Travel l The Easy-Bidet 2.0 Replaces Wet Wipes and Shower Toilet l Peri Bottle for Postpartum Care

It was the £13.99 one. (The £17.99 one looks like it's bigger but the one I have is just fine.)

Good luck

• Hi Mrs.Vanilla.My daughter bought me a  Handheld Douch from Amazon  called Happy Po and yes it's fantastic.No need for using any more rough Toilet Paper,just clean with Happy Po,and gently Pat dry,or as I Do,I use a fan to dry me  as well.It takes seconds.They're quite reasonable as well.xx