Hi new to this just a general chat with people who are in the know would be nice.

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with bowel cancer on December 24th 2021 and have just finished my radiotherapy and start my chemotherapy in a few weeks getting a few side affects at the moment not too pleasant looking for some cheering up x

• Hi  and welcome. I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis of bowel cancer last December. You are perfectly welcome to post in the anal cancer group but treatment may differ so you may want to pop your post in the bowel group as well. The link is https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/bowel-colon-rectum-cancer-forum/  if you click on the link it will take you straight there. I see you’re about to start chemo soon, for anal cancer the usual chemo drugs used are mitomycin ( by way of an infusion) and then also a tablet form of chemo (Capacetabine). Usually radiotherapy takes place at the same time as chemo for anal cancer treatment. It’s good that you have got that part of the treatment over. I hope this helps a little. Bev. 

• Hi ,

Firstly welcome to the Macmillan online community although I’m sorry that you’ve had the need to find us. 

If you feel comfortable doing so you can click on the ‘new here, say hello’ option on the Anal cancer main page & you can put a little about your journey so far there. We have people here at all stages of their journeys, some newly diagnosed, some going through treatment, some in recovery & others like myself a little further down the road. If you click on my username you can read a little more about me there but I’m almost 4 years post treatment & cancer free as far as I’m aware. 

Nicola