5FU pump

• 3 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

I’m into my last 8 days of treatment and having the pump on again for the last time! I had such awful side effects from it last time and was wondering if anyone had any experience of the pump the second time around? Obviously it will just be the 5FU and not the mitomycin as well so I wondered if the side effects are different? 
thanks Becs 

• Hi Becs! Sorry I can’t offer any advice as I didn’t have that but just wanted to wish you luck as you’re into the last few days of your treatment. Hope it’s easier on you this time round . Much love xx

• Hi, sorry I'm not able to answer your question as I had tablets, but definitely have a talk with the chemo nurses when you are in having the pump on again and see if they can give you something to help. They would certainly not want you to be suffering. But hopefully it won't be so bad this time, and you'll soon be finished! Good luck.

• Hi thank you both for your replies. I just wanted to add to this in case anyone in the future is reading. there was some fatigue and sickness but it only lasted 2 days and I began to feel much better once the pump was off quite quickly, also looking back now it wasn’t as bad as the first lot with the mitomycin.

My best advice is to drink plenty of water even though you won’t feel like it.