Results in….finally

• 6 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Just had what feels like the longest 5 weeks ever!! Had my 6 month biopsy and scans and been waiting and waiting and waiting….letter today says what is left is scar tissue and scans were ok so I’m guessing that means I’m cancer free??? I wish they would make these things plain as I’ve had to chase these results for over 3 weeks and all it says from surgeon is reassuring findings.

• Hi  yes plain language would be a good idea wouldn’t it! This does mean you are cancer free, in other words NED ( no evidence of disease), which is the modern expression for being in remission. So, it’s excellent news!! Bev 

• Thank you, I think I just needed to hear the words Hugging

• Hi  now you can finally relax after all you’ve been through. Enjoy! Bev x

• Hi , I totally agree with yourself & Bev that plain language should be used! Sometimes the language different Dr’s use does leave us uncertain as to what it means & it can feed our anxieties. But I agree again that this sounds like great news. My reports from my surgeon always say no evidence of residual or new disease so I’m used to that. It’s awful when you have to chase results also, like it’s not a stressful enough time anyway! My last set of scan results, CT in December 2021 & MRI January 2022 were a perfect example, my CT results came through pretty much as standard around 2 weeks post scan but the MRI was a different matter & took longer than normal & even 4 years post treatment I began panicking! Try & take a deep breath now & as Bev has said relax.

Nicola 

• Brilliant news, congratulations x