Struggling a bit

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, I'm struggling a bit. I'm in the middle of waiting for scans and appointments for my 2 year post treatment check up and my mind has gone a bit wonky!! I'm a rotter to live with and snappy at everything.  My bottom is hurting again, my bones are aching and I'm generally in a panic with my mind racing around the 'what ifs!'  I feel like I've worked so hard up to now to keep my anxiety in check and my 3 monthly DREs have been gradually getting less panicky, but this feels like another level. 

I'm seeing the gp to see if I can get some meds to try and keep me sane, but keeping the feelings under control is a bit of a challenge at the moment!

Any advice? 

Deb x 

• Hi  I’m at the same stage as you and am feeling anxious about my two year results. I was told that if the cancer is going to return it’s probably going to do so within the first two years after treatment so these results are a big event. I had counselling last year with an oncological counsellor and am trying to practice calming techniques I learned.  Distraction is a good one for me but you can’t keep busy all the time. I’ve been impatient and snappy for the last week or so to the point where I’m not keen on speaking to people at the moment as they keep saying stupid things like ‘you’ll be fine don’t worry about it’ and so on. My bones ache too and my legs seem to get tired very easily. I’m not sure though whether the aching bones could be due to the menopause rather than an effect of the radiotherapy. I’m in Citalopram and am taking Propanolol again which helps keep the anxiety under control. I’d definitely have a chat with your GP. Bev.