treatment and me

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

just finished my second week of treatment but not had a good time not having chemo tablets as after first three day was rushed in hospital had heart attack and had a stent put in so thy will not give me eny more chemo as thy think that thy contributed  to heart problem only having radiation treatment which [m having higher dose from next week eny one else had this problem 

• Hi 

Firstly I’d like to welcome you to the Macmillan online community although I’m sorry that you’ve had the need to find us. I’m also so sorry that on top of this diagnosis & treatment you’re now dealing with heart issues too!! Unfortunately it’s not unheard of that the chemo can affect your heart, we’ve had a few people through this forum since I joined that have had heart issues pretty much as soon as they’ve started the chemo. The positive thing I can offer you is that the radiotherapy is the most important part of this treatment, from what I understand the capecitabine is a cell division inhibitor so it helps to hold everything stable while the radiotherapy blasts the tumour but I know others that have had to carry on with radiotherapy alone have still had very successful outcomes & are cancer free. I hope that helps a little. 

Nicola