Back Again

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hello everyone.

I'm back again for your thoughts and advice. After reading the posts over the last few days, it reminded me that I have to keep  pestering the GPs until someone really listens as I'm so fed up with being fobbed off. I'm not much more forward from the last post. After my last eConsult with a GP who  was totally useless, who recommended me to use rectogesic for 8 weeks for an anal fissure I do not have, decided to stop using it after a few days, as I don't have any trouble pooing, but she wouldn't listen. However, a few days later I developed a gnawing heavy pain around my bum area
that was new for me, and it's been ongoing since then, having to take pain killers sometimes. Decided to book another eConsult as I also need her to check my vagina as I've noticed there's a little lump there, all of sudden I'm checking everything in my lower bits lol, so I'm hoping to get a face to face appt asap. It seems the norm now is having an eConsult first before you're even considered for a ftf appt. It's taking me 2 weeks to get an eConsult appt for this Tuesday. I'm going to insist on further testing to see where the initial blood shows came from, also need the lump biopsied on my anus, the only way to find out if it's cancerous, surely. Need an anoscopy/ sigmoidoscopy too. Seems that because I've had a clear colonoscopy, that's the end of it, and no one wants to follow it up. Doesn't help that you speak to a different GP each time and you have to explain everything all over again. Everything is pointing to anal cancer from my symptoms. Read somewhere  that most Gps will avoid doing digital rectal examination as they don't like doing them and have found  this to be true. So fed up at the moment, all I want to know is what's wrong with me. My anxiety levels are all over the place. Best wishes to all those who are going through treatment. xxx

• Hi  sent too soon! The only way to get this properly sorted out is to insist on getting to the bottom (pardon the pun) of where the blood is coming from. I would also let your GP know how this is mentally affecting you and how it is causing you to be very anxious. I suppose it is unpleasant for doctors to do DRE’s but it’s part of the job and is an important diagnostic tool in diagnosing anal cancer. GP surgeries seem to be doing things differently. My surgery is doing face to face appointments for urgent things like possible cancer, whereas others are not doing them at all. This all must be very frustrating for you and I hope you get things sorted out as soon as possible. Bev x