Two months out

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi everyone.  I finished treatment on 4/7.  The first two weeks after treatment ended were tough, but things improved greatly after that.  I was feeling very positive, but this week the bowel issues and mucous returned.  I'm still pretty careful about my diet, so not sure why this is happening.  Ugh!  Has anyone else had this experience?

• Hi  yes, I have had the dreadful mucous on and off since I finished treatment 22 months ago. It has been all sorts of colours, today it’s was a yellowish colour. On occasion it’s streaked with blood. It also makes me very sore. I asked my Oncologist about it and he said it was completely normal. Since finishing treatment I’ve had on/off issues with my bowels and soreness but overall I’d say the more time has passed the better things have become. Our bowels have been fried by the radiation and take ages to heal. It’s still very early days for you. Flare ups can be diet related but not always, maybe Lee a food diary and see if there’s anything you can pinpoint.  Bev. 

• Thank you for the encouragement.  I know its early on for me and I need to be patient.  After having a few really good weeks, I was disappointed to have a set back.  That's to be expected, and I'm looking forward to more good days ahead.  I'm dreaming of the day I can have my morning coffee again!