Has anyone else got SCC on their skin as well as their bum?

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi.  I was diagnosed with a SCC tumour on my right shin in June 2017. It grew very quickly and I had to hav a skin graft when it was removed. I now have a very large indentation in my shin. Looks a bit gruesome.  Three months later. And three months later I had one on  my chest and one on my. arm removed.

in May 2018 I was the diagnosed with anal cancer with SCC being the cause. I have got over that but now been diagnosed with another SCC on my chest and leg. Having them removed by a plastic surgeon on the 19th Sept.

I was on Azathioprine for 19 years for autoimmune hepatitis and the medics think this has cause death the SCC's. And I am likely to get more even though I have stopped the drug.

i just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced skin SCC's as well as anal cancer and if so what has your experience been. I feel on my own with this

thanks

SusieG

• Hi ,

Sorry nobody seems to have got back to your post & I’m sorry you’re still having issues with the SCC’s… although I don’t have any experience of other SCC’s (apart from the little bugger on my bum!!) by me answering your post it’ll bump it back up to the top of the discussions & hopefully if there’s anyone out there who has had the same issue they’ll spot your post & reply. 

It’s awful the fact that you’ve been on medication to solve one health issue & it seems to have caused another especially this one!! From experience I know that a cancer diagnosis makes you highly aware of other things going on with your body & although different to your diagnosis I’ve had 2 BCC’s removed from my back since my treatment that I probably wouldn’t have had checked out so quickly before being diagnosed with AC!! 

I hope you connect with someone soon if you have no luck on here maybe try posting on the Skin cancer forum you may have more luck there. 

Nicola