Painful lump in neck

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I have anal cancer was told it had not moved to minute notes but tonight I have found a painful lump in my neck any advice anybody else suffer with this

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Obviously it makes sense to address this with your oncologist but, if you have had all your scans, and been told there is no spread, then you should be fine.

I remember getting a painful crick in my neck shortly after being diagnosed. It kept coming back and I was sure it was bad news. After my scans, I was told no spread, this relaxed me and the crick went away. I later discovered I was resting my chin on my hand in work so hard that it was causing the problem.

Get it checked for your own peace of mind. Its probably completely unrelated, but following a cancer diagnosis you naturally start assuming the worse dont you.

Ian

• Hi ,

I think as Ian has said it’s be worth getting this lump checked out with your oncologist, although if your scans determined there was no spread to lymph nodes or metastasis then hopefully it’s nothing. I remember after my diagnosis all of my glands flared up in my neck, I also felt very short of breath, I now know this was my bodies reaction to the immense stress that a diagnosis like this brings about! I also have osteoarthritis & my hip felt more painful than usual & I convinced myself this too was cancer, I visited my GP who ordered an X-ray that put my mind at rest that it was just the arthritis! I think even now 18 months on from treatment & knowing I’m disease free at present every new ache & pain puts me on high alert & although I’m not there every five minutes I don’t hesitate getting checked out now. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Nicola