One thing after another

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

So nearly end of week 5. 4 more radios to go.

Had to pause chemo again this week, due to a little virus infection thing. Now I have a bloomin water infection- aaarggh!! That's after an absess in week 2.

Back on the chemo tabs for the rest of treatment though which is good and then lots of others besides!!

With that and all the painkillers, I'm going to rattle soon!!

No one seems that bothered though, the consultants and nurses are all very matter of fact. I suppose they see all sorts!! 

Deb x 

• Hi ,

Ahh I’m sorry you’re going through the mill with these infections! As you know the treatment shoots our immune systems to smithereens doesn’t it? So something we’d usually be capable of fighting off will take hold!

On the positive side you’re nearly there, 4 more treatments & you’re done, it’s a great feeling knowing you’re nearing the end & you’ve coped with it all! 

I understand the feeling you explain about all the tablets but it won’t be for much longer I’m sure.

Also I think you’re right with the nurses & Dr’s I should imagine they’ve seen it all before & they’ll be pretty unfazed by it all but when it’s happening to you it can be a worry can’t it? 

Sending you a virtual hug & hope these next 4 sessions fly by for you.

Nicola