Hair

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi All

Could someone one here advise what they did about there hair. I have been advised that you should not dye it during treatment or six weeks after treatment, but by then I will be very grey and not have the confidence to leave the house, do you get a wig or what?

I would really like to know what to do, or any advise please?

Best wishes

Macci xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I dyed my hair just before treatment started. When the grey came through I used the L’Oréal cover up spray. My hair was longish so I tended to tie is back which didn’t show the grey as much. My hair was fine during treatment but started to thin post treatment. I was advised to not wash it often, just once a week. It wasn’t in great condition either, very dry. The chemo strips the hair of all the nutrients. In the end I had about 5 inches cut off and it looked much healthier. I dyed it about 6 weeks after treatment, which probably didn’t do my hair any favours, but I couldn’t stand the grey any longer.

Sarah x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Macci

I used Naturigin dye as it is all natural products and had no adverse side effects.  

Flipbee

• Hi , 

I was told the same thing, but  as my hair thinned quite a bit and it was winter I just covered up with a wooly hat. I know for you that is not the answer coming into summer, By the time I could dye it again I had about and inch or so of grey hair when the hair began to thicken up again it grew back curly which I loved however it didnt last long one haircut and it went back to being straight . I really hate my hair being grey having always been dark so I can imagin how you feel. Sorry I cant be of more help, 

All the best, Valerie   

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Stopped colouring my hair during treatment.  My wonderful hairdresser trimmed the ends every other week at no charge, even volunteered to come to the house for my blow dry, when I didn't feel too good!  Had had my hair coloured for 30+ years, wasn't sure what colour it was!  It did thin quite a bit, but have always had thick hair!  Five years plus haven't coloured it again!  Get compliments and where's about  my steel grey colour and where do I get it done!  Even have a friend who is trying to replicate the colour!!  Every cloud - without my treatment I would still be trying to cover the grey - now I have a colour that others are trying to replicate!  Every cloud - I am here with hair that others envy colourwise!  Life can change for the better - the colour of my hair is not important - I am here with the grey, better than not here with the highlighted mop I treasured. Mxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to eirelav

Hair or no hair, whatever the colour!  Alive or dead?  I know what I'd choose every time!  Mxx 5 1/2 years on!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Macci. I finished treatment on 24th April 2019. I did not colour my hair during treatment but I used a supermarket permanent colour about 3 weeks ago with no adverse effects.

Xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for your help, hope you are ok now x

• FormerMember

Brilliant that’s so nice xx

• FormerMember

Thanks for that. I am going to get some.

hope you are ok now x