Anal cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi everyone I'm  new to this group, i was only diagnosed 3 weeks ago ,and I've had my 1st radiotherapy today , this is my third cancer the first 2 was lung and kidney I have been in remission 5years with my lung and had my kidney removed 2 years ago has any body else been in the situation where theve had differant cancers , I thought I'd got rid of it but it's back!! 

Not very happy about it 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Welcome to the anal cancer group. I’m sorry you’ve received this diagnosis especially after everything you’ve already been through. I can only imagine the struggles and challenges you have been faced with over the last 5 years. Life can be so unfair.

I was diagnosed with anal cancer last March and am currently 12 months in remission. I have no experience of secondary cancer however, if there is anyone else in the group that has had a different cancer, I’m sure they will get back to you soon.

In the meantime, we are here to support you through your anal cancer experience. There are a few people on this forum who like you have either recently started treatment or are about to start. It might be beneficial to you to connect with someone similar so you can support each other. 

Feel free to use the open forum as and when you need to. Your questions will always be answered by someone on here.

Do you have any other questions or is there anything we can help you with right now?

Sarah x