Life after treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

hi everyone so I got my mri a week ago. Had been waiting for letter to say if I was clear but got a letter to see my consultant have I anything to worry about don’t worry about my feelings I need to know  thank you so much xxxx

• Hi,

Try to not read too much into this, I finished treatment last June & after my first round of scans I didn’t get a letter about my results either I had to go & see my consultant for him to tell me the results but it was good news, I think it’s normal to see your consultant for scan results rather than to be notified via post. 

Try not to worry.

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Thank you Nichola that make me feel a lot better x

• Hi Ann and thanks for answering my post last week.   I happened on your profile and see we have another connection.   Sadly our son committed suicide over 3 years ago at the age of 40.   Then along came the cancer, it always make me wonder ...

Regarding MRI results they always take ages so hopefully your appointment is very soon, its always a dreadful time waiting,

Do keep us posted and I wish you all the best x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Yorkshire OAP

I am so sorry to hear about your son it’s a terrible that these young men are so depressed that they can see no way past it. I firmly believe stress and grief that brought on the cancer and for a while I didn’t care as I’d be with him again..But now I’ve 2 young grandsons with me Its gave me a reason to live hoping now I’ve a 2nd chance. All my best to you you will be in my prayers and your your son also xx