Scan time

• 6 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Coming up to my 6 month post treatment scan. Tell me it's normal to start feeling twinges in the area again. My rational brain tells me that my cancer has not just grown back in a week but my anxious brain is taking over.

• I'm due one too and I feel the same I think it's normal but we can't help feeling anxious .hope all goes well xx

• Feather 653

Scanxiety is very real.  I would like to tell you it gets easier but I think a cancer diagnosis lives with you forever, regardless of how many scans you have had.  In the weeks leading up to scans I have had so many peculiar twinges, aches and pains and have utterly convinced myself that it is a recurrence.  It is such a worrying time, isn't it?

I'll be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that everything is fine.

Irene xx

• Thinking of you too, Weekend Walker xx

• Hi Feather, I agree with Irene scan anxiety is so real! Every itch or throb can bring it on and your imagination starts to activate. It does usually turn out to be nothing and you are early days and your skin is still adjusting. I’m three years post treatment and when I have my check ups I get really stressed the day before. Maybe for some of us it takes years to get that confidence back in our bodies

• Hi  ,

One of the many things this journey has taught me is that the mind is a very powerful thing! Scanxiety is awful. I hope your scan goes well & brings you good news.

Nicola