biopsy results

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi - Can someone help me interpret these biopsy results.  I am all Dr. Googled out, so if anyone can give me some honest insight, it would be so helpful right now. Thank you 

Diagnosis:

Anal mass, excisional biopsies: Invasive moderately differentiated keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma, p16 positive.

Description: 

CK5/6: Positive.

p40: Positive.

p16: Positive.

• Hello ESB

Can I suggest that you give the Support Line a call and speak with one of the nurses. They would be able to go through this with you. The number is at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  ,

I agree with  , you could either ring the Macmillan Support Line or give your colorectal surgeon a call (presuming this is who performed your biopsy surgery) you’ll be much better off getting the results interpreted by a professional rather than us guesstimating what’s what. 

Nicola 

• Hello ESB

Avoid Doctor Google!  Information is often out-of-date, inaccurate or just outright false (but we are all guilty of going for his opinion).

You know more about your biopsy results than I ever learned about mine, so I am really sorry I can't help in any way.

Best of luck

Irene x