CBD oil

• 5 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi All 

I'm receiving chemo and to contain and not cure. My previous posts explain all my failed treatments. 

My friend has suggested I try CBD oil  micro dosed daily as she read it has some good results with cancer patients Has anyone tried this ? 

I'm willing to try anything, if this chemo isn't working as oncologist has suggested and of course he's told me  it's going to grow back at some point in near or future. (HOPEFULLY not too soon) 

• Hi Jinnie,

I'm pretty sure this is a good idea. I got my medical marijuana card soon after diagnosis, and I found it invaluable.

I make my own CBD oil from locally grown organic flower and organic hemp oil, and both my husband and I enjoy it in a cup of tea from time to time. I don't know that it's a microdose- a big spoonful- and we don't have it every day. 

But I can't see any drawbacks to giving it a try. 

I hope this is one iotoa of relief you can get on your difficult journey.

Hugs

Suz

• Thank you Suz for answering Blush 

I can see your from USA, people think differently over here in UK to it.

But I'm at the stage I'll give anything a go. 

Your tea sounds delicious yummy 

Jinnie x 

• Hi  

I used CBD oil-drops under the tongue-which I felt helped at the time with reducing my pain and helping me sleep. I never used it with the intention of it helping my cancer though. Obviously the law here in the UK is different to the USA so we don’t have the same types of sources to buy this from, and anything purchased in for example a health food shop is sold as a food supplement.

I’m sorry to read of your situation, and can understand you’d want to give anything a try, but “miracle cures” on the internet etc might give you false hope. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Jinnie

I don't know anything about CBD oil but I have heard it is very good for pain.  I hadn't heard of it as a treatment for cancer though.  I can completely understand you are prepared to try anything, have you spoken to your oncologist about immunotherapy?  I am in touch with someone who had this during a trial and had very good results in controlling spread.  I think the trial has finished but I think it would be worth following this up and pushing for it.

Thinking of you Jinnie

Irene xx

• Hi Irene 

I'm still receiving chemo atm, 2 cycles to go if the scan shows it's working for me. ( shrinking/containing) but due to this "ulcer" opening up in groin oncologist is concerned that it's seeded from the last biopsy 3 months ago. 

Lymphodema in same side groin and leg, started same time leak. 

If this is the case it's chemo change. 

Immunotherapy is not standard treatment in UK, the consultant has to put case forward to the health board to fund.