Skull metasses

• 5 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi All,

I haven't been on her for such a long time. Anyway long story short. I was diagnosed November 2021 had the usual chemo/radio which cleared the anal/vagina/lymph nodes. Showed a spread to my clavicle and a couple more lymph nodes. I had carboplatin in August 22 which gave me Ned for 8 months. My clavicle lymph node came back and a few other lypmh nodes in chest and stomach lit up on a pet scan. I was given palliative radio on my clavicle woth a view of doing more radio on the others ones. My next scan showed clavicle had cleared up and the others weren't visible enough to do anything with. A few weeks ago I stared having headaches, fast forward ct, mri scans and I am how having radio on a spread to the frontal part of my skull. 

I can't say I have read this happening to anyone else but just wanting to see if anyone had or not?

Open to any questions that anyone might have aswell xx

• Hello Watto78

I don't have any experience of this but I am hopeful that someone else will pick up on your post and be able to help more than me.  However, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, it must be a worrying time but I see you have had quite extensive treatment so far (as have I) that has kept you clear until now.

I have a friend who has had radiotherapy for skull mets with very good results - hoping this will happen for you.

Irene xx

• Thanks for the news on your friends skull mets, love a good result story. Are you having Amy treatment at the moment?

• Hi  , you’ve really been through the mill since your diagnosis haven’t you? I’m so sorry to hear you’re still battling this. I can’t recall in my time here of anyone having a similar outcome as yours but that doesn’t mean they’re not out there, some people prefer not to post but just to observe from afar. Just know we’re here to support you however we can, 

Nicola 

• No, I am clear (just lurching from scan to scan!)  The friend had breast cancer mestatasis to the skull and the radiotherapy cleared it but she has ongoing chemo to keep spread in check.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Irene xx

• It's not common at all for our type of cancer. The radiotherapy is nothing like the original because its palliative. There is no downtime with it which is a blessing