Good news

• 10 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all

Some of you may recall my posts over the last couple of months regarding my concerns of anal cancer following a large lesion that was protruding from my butt. I have a history of HPV so naturally feared the worst! 

Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news that I had my follow up this evening and there was no sign of cancer. It was a fibroepithelial polyp which probably manifest due to a chronic anal fissure. The biopsy/tissue did show evidence of HPV but there was no abnormality/malignancy. My doctor told me the chances of it ever turning to cancer is 3-4% so very low.

I also wanted to thank you for your support and advice during this difficult time, if my results had been different I would have been grateful to know there is great support here to make things a little bit easier.

I also thought I’d share my story incase others come here prior to receiving a diagnosis like I did, looking for advice and reassurance to show that it is not always the worst outcome even when you have HPV. 

I will always live in fear of HPV, (it’s been 17 years now!) but will just take each day at a time and do whatever I can to try and stay healthy. 

Finally I’d like to wish you all well whatever stage of your journey you are at, and thank you again!

Sarah xx